Lyoness is a powerful cashflow-producing business model, which is difficult to characterize.
Lyoness is NOT an MLM in the traditional sense. It is a customer rewards program which operates off of an award-winning smartphone application and a sophisticated web interface.
Utilizing these tools, merchants participating in the program experience increased shopping volume, and higher profitability. When shoppers purchase from these “loyalty merchants,” they are rewarded with Cash Back.
“Cash back with every Purchase” is a company tag line which explains exactly why consumers love this program. Lyoness is the world’s largest shopping community, active in 43 countries, with a presence on every continent. Lyoness’ business model is a true innovation, and has the power to bring about a shift in the retail shopping market world-wide.
There are many traits recognizable in an MLM business model. Almost all of them are missing in Lyoness. For example, see the comparison between MOST MLM companies and Lyoness:
- MLM companies offer niche products. Lyoness does not. Lyoness offers cash rewards.
- MLM companies have a sign-up fee. Lyoness does not. Membership in Lyoness is free.
- MLM companies require a minimum monthly purchase. Lyoness does not.
- MLM companies have an annual membership renewal fee. Lyoness does not.
- MLM companies require distributors to purchase in order to be paid. Lyoness does not.
- MLM companies require or encourage a monthly auto-ship of product. Lyoness does not.
- MLM companies require the consumer to switch brands of products. Lyoness does not.
- MLM companies ADD expense to a family budget. Lyoness turns expenses into revenue.
- MLM companies sell most of their products to their distributors; In Lyoness, less than 3% build the business. Most members are consumers participating just to get the benefits.
Though not an MLM in the normal sense, in Lyoness we do enjoy all the power that comes from being able to refer others into the program. Unlimited in both width and depth, it is possible to refer a huge group of people and enjoy revenue from all their shopping volume. In Lyoness, we refer to this as our “Lifeline.”
This program is in its infancy in the United States and Canada, even though the company has a ten year track record, and has done hundreds of billions of dollars in business around the world.
With Lyoness, there is nothing to sell. You simply invite people to join the world’s largest shopping community for free. There are no obligations, and not renewal fees. No wonder consumers flock to this program. In 2012, there were less than 3,000 members in the U.S. mid-way through 2013, there were over 75,000. By the end of 2015, there could be as many as 12 million. Would you like to enjoy revenue from the shopping volume of tens of thousands of loyal shoppers? If so, this is the business for you.
If you would like to hear more about how to create a “Forever Cash” flow with Lyoness, please contact us at email@example.com.